Recently I discovered that hardware inventory was broken on our ConfigMgr clients. The tell-tale sign was that the hardware inventory action was missing from the ConfigMgr client control panel. Checking my ConfigMgr Client Health report I found that none of our systems had reported hardware inventory for over a week!
The problem was traced to the fact that someone had updated the configuration.mof file but had not reflected the changes in the classes being inventoried in the Client Settings.
What concerned me the most however, was that we had no visibility that hardware inventory was broken, and since we are not actively using any dashboard with this information I decided to create an html-styled email report that can run as a scheduled task to give me regular visibility of key aspects of client health in our environment.
This report complements the previously mentioned Client Health report by giving a simple overview of client health status. If further information is required the Client Health report can then be consulted.
The summary report can be found here:
I hope you may find it helpful!